West Branch Library
Rendering of the soon to open West Branch
1125 University Ave at San Pablo MAP
Berkeley, CA 94704
Saturday, December 14, 2013,
10 AM - 5 PM
The West Branch will reopen following the ribbon cutting. Please join us for special events throughout the day.
Mon 10-6; Tues & Wed 10-8; Thurs 12-8; Fri & Sat 10-6
- Latino, East Indian, African American, and Asian interest materials in English
- Large Spanish language collection
- Large Chinese language collection
- Small Japanese language section
- Broad general interest collection of fiction and non-fiction titles in English
- Materials that support Berkeley Public Library's Literacy Program
- Dvds and videos, including Chinese and Spanish language
Programs and Services
- Children’s Events and Storytimes
- Teen Services
- Lawyers in the Library
- West Branch houses the Library's literacy program - Berkeley Reads.
West Branch Library was built in 1923, and extensively remodeled and expanded in 1974.
West Branch serves a very diverse population in a mixed use neighborhood which includes Berkeley's industrial area, an upscale shopping area on 4th Street, and Indian stores along University and San Pablo Avenues.