Other Children's Booklists on the Web
California Reading Lists:
- The California Library Association's Beatty Award: Honors books that best promote and awareness of California, it's people, history and land. From this page you can also view the current year's Eureka! California in Children's Literature bibliography.
- California Reading List: Prepared by the California Department of Education.
- California Young Reader Medal: Kids nominate and vote for their favorite books published each year.
- Recommended Literature (K-12): Prepared by the California Department of Education.
- Recommended Literature for Math & Science (K-12): Offers access to mathematics and science education books (not textbooks) reflecting curricular standards in these areas.
Booklists from Other Libraries:
- BookHive - Your Guide to Children's Literature and Books: Created and maintained by the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County (NC) offers lists AND interactivity for reading children everywhere.
- Hennepin County Library (MN): Books and reading
- Los Angeles Public Library: Booklists
- Multnomah County Library (OR): Booklists and other book information.
Booklists from Other Organizations:
- Recommended Book Lists from the Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC)
- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
- Children's Book Council of Australia
- Cooperative Children's Book Center (CCBC)
- Children's Classics - Prepared by The Horn Book, Inc. and divided into sections by age of reader and type of literature
Accelerated Reader Lists:
- Travis Elementary Accelerated Reader Books List: Is a searchable list and provides each title's page length as well as whether it is fiction of nonfiction.
- B.M. Williams Primary AR Page: Gives immediate access to AR lists by grade, from kindergarten through sixth.
- Patterson Elementary School: Presents AR books alphabetically by author name, for books through level 8.
- Dewey Public Schools High School and Middle School Library: Allows you to view secondary school AR lists by author, title, AR point value, and grade level.
We also maintain in-house bibliographies on a variety of topics, including social issues, multicultural titles, California history, California authors, ancient civilizations, and easy, easy readers, that you may consult in the library.
Want to get your hands on one of these books? Check the Berkeley Public Library catalog to see where you can get a copy!