BPL Mobile FAQ:
Can I use the Library from my smart phone or other Web-enabled mobile device?
Yes. The Library has a free mobile application (app). Access your Library account, find the nearest branch, search the catalog and browse for books, CDs and DVDs while on the go!
Will it work on my phone?
The app works on all major smart phones, including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian and J2ME.
How do I get the app?
To download the app for:
- Most devices - Visit berkpl.boopsie.com on your mobile device or scan the QR code on the right
- iPhones - Visit the iTunes App Store. Search for "BPL Mobile"
- Android Phones - Visit the Android Market. Search for "BPL Mobile"
- Windows Mobile - Visit berkpl.boopsie.com/webapp
The app is free from any source.
What does it do?
- Smart prefix search - Enter the first few letters of a word or phrase to search the catalog. For example, entering "ha pot g" into the search box finds "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
- Search the Library's Calendar - For upcoming events and classes
- Library locator - All Library locations include links to an interactive map
- Ask a Librarian - phone or e-mail
- Check your account - Reserve and renew books, CDs and DVDs
- Stay connected - With links to the Library's blogs and Facebook page
Need help using the app?
Ask a Librarian or call us at 510-981-6148.
Can't install or run the app?
Get technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.